Sunday, February 7, 2010

Least

elachistos- from the root elachus (short)Bullinger's Lexicon -least, in magnitude, number, or quality
1. Matthew 2:6
And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least(elachistos) among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.



2-3. Mattthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least(elachistos)commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least(elachistos) in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.



4. Matthew 25:40
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least(elachistos) of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.



5. Matthew 25:45
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least(elachistos) of these, ye did it not to me.


6. Luke 12:26
If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least(elachistos), why take ye thought for the rest?



7-8. Luke 16:10
He that is faithful in that which is least(elachistos) is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least(elachistos) is unjust also in much.


9. Luke 19:17
And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little(elachistos), have thou authority over ten cities.



10. 1 Corinthians 4:3
But with me it is a very small(elachistos) thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.


11. 1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest(elachistos)matters?



12. 1 Corinthians 15:9
For I am the least(elachistos) of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.



13. James 3:4
Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small(elachistos) helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.



Related words:
elachistoteros

1.Ephesians 3:8
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.

No comments:

Followers